- May 2009: We're currently adding new articles and site features in preparation for a round of editing before announcing the site and inviting new contributors.
- June 12, 2009: We have begun settling on criteria for the Edit_Status of the various types of articles located here. Once this is complete, we shall begin a complete edit of the site in preparation for announcing the site and inviting new contributors.
- June 17, 2009: The editing of the periodical articles is complete for the current phase of the project. Additions and editing will continue, but we are now focusing on editing all the institution articles as the next step in preparation.
- July, 2009: Editing continues. We are nearing the completion of an edit of all biographical articles. Preparations are being made for the public announcement of the site on August 3rd, 2009.
- July 27, 2009: The site is announced ahead of schedule to H-Buddhism and other interested groups and individuals.
- November 9, 2009: The editors meet at AAR to discuss updates and future plans for the site. Topics discussed include assigning named editors for sections and individual pages, and updating the WikiMedia software to increase compatibility with GoogleMaps applications.